Wednesday

Artist Paint In

I once again had the pleasure of meeting up with some local artist at Christ Church on League Line Road, April 13th. The group hostess Sandy and Brenda instructed everyone on various techniques, acrylic paint pouring, watercolor, and the joint compound as we did last month. A couple of girls worked on some existing art pieces. 

I chose to try acrylic pouring and worked on two, 8 x 10 inch stretched canvases and four small canvas boards. I finished one of the 8 x 10 canvas after I got home and it was completely dry, I outlined various shapes with black then painted parts black and other bits in gold. So happy I found a perfect frame for it in my stash. I've titled it Mind's Eye, it's almost like cloud watching, you can see whatever your imagination wants.  Please forgive the photo as it's a bit wonky.


I'm sure I will do this acrylic pouring again, it is a fun and exciting technique that can have some unexpected outcomes. I'm not sure what I will do with the four little canvas boards, so they will sit in my future project box until I'm ready for them. The other 8 x 10 inch canvas awaits a face, and as I type this I believe I know which one it will be.

Thank you for your interest, have a blessed day,

                                                                  .Jamie

No comments: